|Buddy the Traveling Monkey at Palermo's Bakery in Boynton Beach on the Taste History Culinary Tours|
Taste History Culinary Tours in Boynton Beach and Delray Beach will have you feeling like a local as you explore the two cities through both their culinary and art scene.
We love taking tours with Taste History Culinary Tours because they always offer more than the typical food tour; they also include stops at art galleries and other significant cultural areas in the city. This combination leaves you feeling like you really got to know the true essence of the city you visited.
This was actually our third tour with Taste History (our first tour was through West Palm Beach and our second was through Lake Worth and Lantana). We were excited to get to know this area of South Florida because, although we worked in Delray Beach, we had never taken the time to explore it.
As always, we were greeted by Lori’s big and welcoming smile. Lori Durante is the mastermind behind Taste History Culinary Tours and over the last few years she has created these amazing tours that combine local history, emerging art, and food from family owned eateries.
Click here to read the entire review
- Offered year-round
- Held on the first, second, third and fourth Saturdays at 11am
- At least 3 to 4 locally owned and family-owned eateries that may include bakeries, pastry shops, delis, markets, juice bars, tea shops and cafes that are visited for food tasting. Some cuisines may be culturally-specific. Most food portions are hearty.
- Cultural centers or emerging art and craft shops are visited
- Tour may travel through historic neighborhoods, downtowns, main streets, emerging arts districts and off the beaten path.
- Bus riding and 4 to 6 blocks of walking
- Some eating experiences are standing-only.
- Tour is at least 3 to 4 hours
- Food and Florida history are narrated by a guide
- To maintain an element of surprise, each tour is different and never an exact duplication of any previous tour hosted.
- Private group tours are also available during the weekday
- Pre-payment is required. Fees are inclusive
- Tour takes place Rain or Shine.
- Dietary Restrictions Cannot be Accommodated. Click here to read about types of foods served on the tour.
- Taste History is a food tasting tour, with art and history combined, and although there is some sitting it's not a sit-down luncheon but many of the food portions are hearty and most people are full by the end of the tour.