When the Trinity Lutheran School first-graders caught sight of the oversized musical swing set, they raced across the downtown West Palm Beach lot, seized the brightly colored seats and clambered on. The higher they flew, the more peals of laughter and melodic notes filled the air.
"Look how high we're going," sang out 6-year-old Charlotte Woolley, sharing a green swing with classmate Maddie Rocha, also 6. "And listen! I hear a piano!"
The non-profit Taste History Culinary Tours of Historic Palm Beach County, Florida has been designated one of the official community event partners for the State of Florida’s Viva Florida initiative.
Effective February 1, 2015, $45 per person is the new rate for the tours traveling to Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth and Lantana. The new rate for the West Palm Beach/Northwood Village tour is $50 per person. Free for children under age 14 (children must be accompanied by a paid adult family member). Children age 14 and over pay regular price. Due to the increase in fees that are charged to our organization for the tour bus rental and insurance; an increase in our tour fees is necessary. Pre-paid reservations that have been made prior to that date will not be affected. Taste History is a non-profit educational organization. Fees are inclusive of all food and visits to cultural centers and art galleries.
Brief Facts about Taste History:
- Offered year-round
- Held on the first, second, third and fourth Saturdays at 11am
- At least 3 to 4 locally owned and family owned bakeries and eateries are visited for food tasting. Some cuisines may be culturally-specific. Most food portions are hearty.
- Cultural centers or emerging art and craft shops are visited
- Tour travels through historic neighborhoods, downtowns, main streets and off the beaten path.
- Bus riding and 4 to 6 blocks of walking
- Some eating experiences are standing-only.
- Tour is at least 3 to 4 hours
- Food and Florida history are narrated by a guide
- To maintain an element of surprise, each tour is different and never an exact duplication of any previous tour hosted.
- Private group tours are also available during the weekday
- Pre-payment is required. Fees are inclusive
- Tour takes place Rain or Shine.
- Dietary Restrictions Cannot be Accommodated. Click here to read about types of foods served on the tour.
- Taste History is a food tasting tour, with art and history combined, and although there is some sitting it's not a sit-down luncheon but many of the food portions are hearty and most people are full by the end of the tour.
Saturday, April 9, 2016 - Lake Worth/Lantana (Saturday, April 9th is Sold-Out)
Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - Special Holiday Tour to Lake Worth & Lantana