June 2013 Blog
Palermo's Bakery in Boynton Beach, Florida. Taste History Tour Director Lori J. Durante with pastry chef/owner Anna Orlando
Brief Facts about Taste History:
- Offered year-round
- Held on the second, third and fourth Saturdays at 11am
- 3 to 4 eateries visited for food tastings. The food portions are hearty.
- Cultural centers or art galleries are visited
- Bus riding and 4 to 6 blocks of walking
- Some eating experiences are standing-only
- Tour is at least 4 hours
- Food and Florida history are narrated by a guide
- Private group tours are also available during the weekday
- Pre-payment is required. Fees are inclusive
- Tour takes place Rain or Shine.
- Dietary Restrictions Cannot be Accommodated
The culinary tours are small-format with the average capacity for the tours being 15 to 20 people. The tour cannot accommodate dietary restrictions and dietary substitutions cannot be provided.
Effective February 1, 2015, $45 per person is the new rate for the general public tours traveling to Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth and Lantana. The new rate for the West Palm Beach tour is $50 per person. Tours if free for children under age 18 (children must be accompanied by a paid adult family member). Due to the increase in fees that are charged to our organization for the tour bus rental and insurance; an increase in our tour fees is necessary. Pre-paid reservations that have been made prior to that date will not be affected. The Taste History Culinary Tours program is operated by a non-profit 501c3 organization.
Upcoming culinary tour 2013 dates (culinary tours are held year-round and tours are offered to the general public. Pre-payment required)
All tours start at 11am
Saturday, November 16, 2013 Delray Beach/Boynton Beach