Le Macaron French pastry shop in Downtown Delray Beach was a tasting stop on the Taste History Culinary Tour. (Courtesy Taste History Culinary Tour)
The Taste History Culinary Tour is an enjoyable cultural culinary journey, part bus tour and walking tour. For three to four hours, guests will visit at least three bakeries and eateries for food tastings. As you eat, learn about food culture and foodways infused with local history. The tour also includes trips to historic buildings or art and craft shops.
The public tours travel to West Palm Beach on first Saturdays; Lake Worth and Lantana on second Saturdays; and to Delray Beach and Boynton Beach on third and fourth Saturdays, year-round, plus private tours are offered during weekdays.
The non-profit Taste History Culinary Tours of Historic Palm Beach County, Florida has been designated one of the official community event partners for the State of Florida’s Viva Florida initiative.
Effective January 1, 2017, $50 per person is the new rate for the tours traveling to Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth and Lantana; and West Palm Beach. Free for children under age 14 (children must be accompanied by a paid adult family member). Children age 14 and over pay regular price. Due to the increased operational costs and insurance an increase in our tour fees is necessary. Pre-paid reservations that have been made prior to that date will not be affected. Taste History is a non-profit educational organization. Fees are inclusive of all food and visits to cultural centers and art galleries.
Brief Facts about Taste History:
- Offered year-round
- Held on the first, second, third and fourth Saturdays at 11am
- At least 3 to 4 locally owned and family-owned bakeries and eateries are visited for food tasting. Some cuisines may be culturally-specific. Most food portions are hearty.
- Cultural centers or emerging art and craft shops are visited
- Tour travels through historic neighborhoods, downtowns, main streets and off the beaten path.
- Bus riding and 4 to 6 blocks of walking
- Some eating experiences are standing-only.
- Tour is at least 3 to 4 hours
- Food and Florida history are narrated by a guide
- To maintain an element of surprise, each tour is different and never an exact duplication of any previous tour hosted.
- Private group tours are also available during the weekday
- Pre-payment is required. Fees are inclusive
- Tour takes place Rain or Shine.
- Dietary Restrictions Cannot be Accommodated. Click here to read about types of foods served on the tour.
- Taste History is a food tasting tour, with art and history combined, and although there is some sitting it's not a sit-down luncheon but many of the food portions are hearty and most people are full by the end of the tour.
Saturday, April 9, 2016 - Lake Worth/Lantana (Saturday, April 9th is Sold-Out)