July 17, 2013
by Cami Webb
History has never been so delicious. On the second, third and fourth Saturdays of each month, Taste History Culinary Tours in Palm Beach County gives you a cultural tour that’s punctuated with tastings from the area’s must-try restaurants, bakeries, and food stands (and maybe even a few surprises). Galleries and shops are also on the tour list, so you can fully explore the quaint historic neighborhoods of Palm Beach County.
Taste History Tour Director Lori J. Durante with Pastry Chef Anna Orlando of Palermo's Bakery in Boynton Beach, Florida
Brief Facts about Taste History:
- Offered year-round
- Held on the second, third and fourth Saturdays at 11am
- At least 3 to 4 eateries visited for food tastings. The food portions are hearty.
- Cultural centers or art galleries are visited
- Bus riding and 4 to 6 blocks of walking
- Some eating experiences are standing-only
- Tour is at least 4-hours
- Food and Florida history are narrated by a guide
- To maintain an element of surprise, each tour is different and never an exact duplication of any previous tour hosted
- Private group tours are also available during the weekday. Special rates apply for private tours
- Pre-payment is required. Fees are inclusive
- Tour takes place Rain or Shine.
- Dietary Restrictions Cannot be Accommodated
The culinary tours are small-format with the average capacity for the tours being 15 to 20 people. The tour cannot accommodate dietary restrictions and dietary substitutions cannot be provided.
Effective April 1, 2013, $40 per person is the new rate for the general public tours. Due to the increase in fees that are charged to our organization for the tour bus rental and insurance; an increase in our tour fees is necessary. Pre-paid reservations that have been made prior to that date will not be affected. The Taste History Culinary Tours program is operated by a non-profit 501c3 organization. Special rates apply for Private Group Tours.
To pin on Pinterest click here
Upcoming culinary tour 2013 dates (culinary tours are held year-round and tours are offered to the general public. Pre-payment required)
All tours start at 11am
Saturday, November 16, 2013 Delray Beach/Boynton Beach